Winn Slavin Fine Art of Beverly Hills, California will host a rare exhibition of etchings, engravings and other artworks by master Surrealist Salvador Dali on August 18, 2018.
The works exhibited are from the Pierre Argillet Collection and date prior to 1973. The Dali Collection offered by Winn Slavin Fine Art comes directly from the archives of Jean Christophe Argillet whose father, Pierre Argillet, was the founder of the Musée du Surréalisme. The provenance Certification is from Jean Christophe Argillet.
“A PARTIAL LIST OF MUSEUMS”
- 1971 Musee Boijmans, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 1988 Pushking Museum, Moscow, USSR
- 1989 The Salvador Dali Museum, St. Petersburg, Florida
- 1989 Kunthaus, Zurich & Staatsgarlerie, Stuttgart, Germany
- 1990 Isetan Museum of Art, Tokyo, Japan
- 1990 Daimaru Art Museum, Osaka, Japan
- 1990 Hiroshima Prefectural Museum of Art, Hiroshima, Japan
The 200 engravings which were published as part of the Pierre Argillet Collection were the result of a life-long friendship between Pierre Argillet, an avid collector and publisher of Futurist, Dadaist and Surrealist art, and Surrealist Master Salvador Dali. All editions in the Collection were authorized and signed by Dali himself and the Collection is widely regarded as one of the most authentic and important collections of Dali’s finest engravings.